Today I continued to integrate my site with wordpress. All pages now use the same navigation again. I also removed my old login function and imported all users into wordpress using the CSV User Import Plugin. Unfortunately I could not transfer the passwords so you will have to use WordPresses Passwort Recovery Form to get a new password. Or if you have a facebook or google account which uses the same mail as your peeeq.de-Account you can just login using those. This is possible due to the Social Connect Plugin.
Apart from the lost passwords the wordpress migration was quite simple. The following snippet is basically everything which has to be included into every page:
require_once( './blog/wp-load.php' ); // import wordpress
// do stuff
get_header(); // display wordpress header
// own output
get_footer(); // display wordpress footer
After including wp-load.php, the function wp_get_current_user() can be used to get the current user, so I just had to replace my hand written session handling to use this function.
At the end, let me give you a list of my currently installed WordPress Plugins (in alphabetical order):
- Add Meta Tags: Automatically adds meta tags, like the description meta tag.
- Akismet: Prevents spam.
- Breadcrumb NavXT: Shows you were you are ;)
- CSV User Import: For importing old users.
- PS Disable Auto Formatting: Prevents wordpress from messing up your html code – very important.
- Social Connect: For logging in using Facebook or Google.
- WP-PageNavi: Adds a more advanced paging navigation to your WordPress blog.
If you know of other plugins which I might find useful, please leave a comment.